At Clarens Eddies, they pride themselves in providing guests with the best possible service. As part of a value-add for many clients, they can assist clients in putting together a list of all their social activities. One of these activities is the Ficksburg Cherry Festival which takes place annually in November.
This fun and entertaining activity can be enjoyed by the whole family or even as a romantic getaway. One of the reasons we like to promote this festival is based on the many health benefits of Cherries.
To get you prepared and excited for the festival, here are some interesting facts about cherries
- Cherries are a very high source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- The properties of cherries can improve sleep quality, fight off insomnia and chronic illnesses such as heart disease, Alzheimer’s and diabetes to name a few.
- Cherries help to maintain a good insulin and blood sugar level which serves as a preventative measure and as a mechanism to cope with diabetes.
- They contain a natural source of melatonin which helps your brain regulate your sleep and wake cycle.
- Cherries provide cardiovascular health benefits too that can lower your risk of high cholesterol and high blood pressure, in turn also reducing headaches and migraines.
- Many studies show they are a good source of vitamin A, B, C and D’s and have more benefits which include reduced visible signs of ageing in men and women.
- A lot of people who normally suffer from arthritis are recommended to supplement with cherries as a natural remedy for joint pain relief.
These are just some of the very many benefits of consuming cherries. If you planning on visiting the Ficksburg Cherry festival, why not book accommodation at Clarens Eddies and extend your trip? Contact the team today to discuss your travel and accommodation requirements to avoid disappointment.