DIRECTIONS TO EDDIES ONCE YOU ARE IN CLARENS
Please see that you enter Clarens from Durban, Bloemfontein or Johannesburg as described below. You are now in Main Street . The street address for Eddies is 176 Mainstreet. Continue with this tarred Main street until you reach a circle! Go around the circle and out on the same Main street you came in (Only on the opposite of the circle)! Continue until you find the Sandstone NG church on your right. Eddies is 3-4 houses from the church on your left!
HOW DO YOU BOOK IN AND GET THE KEYS FOR YOUR APARTMENT?
* Please park your vehicle in the street when you arrive at Eddies. Do not park in the driveway.
* When you enter the premises you will see a sign: Office with an arrow directing you.
* Go to the office sign that hangs. Ring the bell! There will be somebody to welcome you, show you the parking area on Eddies premises and take you to your apartment. Remember check-in time is 2pm.
DIRECTIONS: JOHANNESBURG – CLARENS. Please check road conditions.
* The total distance is approximately 315 km. Take the N3 Durban.
* Villiers -Frankfort route
At Villiers take the R26 toward Frankfort .After Frankfort continue with the R26 by turning left towards Tweeling, bypassing Tweeling and Reitz. Travel approximately 50 km from Reitz to Bethlehem. Continue until you find a Shopping centre on your right and CTM on your left in Bethlehem. Continue without turning off. About 8 km outside Bethlehem you turn right towards Clarens and Golden Gate on the R712.Travel approximately 26 km to Clarens until you reach the Clarens Signboard on your right. Turn right into Clarens.
* Alternatively take the longer scenic road! Please check road conditions.
On the N3 Durban get off at Harrismith and take the N5 to Bethlehem. About 3-5 kms on the N5 from Harrismith to Bethlehem turn to your left on the R712. Bypass Puthaditjhaba and drive through Golden Gate Highlands National park until you reach the Clarens off road on your left!
* Investigate the Sasolburg, Heilbron, Petrus Steyn, Reitz, Bethlehem and Clarens road.
DIRECTIONS: BLOEMFONTEIN – CLARENS. Please check road conditions.
N8 bypassing Botshabelo, Thabanchu and Ladybrand
Take the N8 bypassing Botshabelo, Thabanchu and Ladybrand. From Ladybrand take the R703 bypassing Clocolan and Ficksburg. Take the R26 to Fouriesburg and just before Fouriesburg turn right on the R711. Bypass Fouriesburg. Continue driving to Clarens for approximately 34 kilometers. Do not take the first turnoff to Clarens, continue until you reach a T-junction, turn left and a few metres after you turn left you find the second Clarens turnoff on your left. Take this turnoff into Main Street, Clarens.
N1 to Winburg and N5 to Bethlehem
Take the N1 to Winburg and then the N5 to Senekal and Bethlehem! In Bethlehem continue until you see CTM and the Wimpy at a T-junction. Turn right and continue! About 8 km outside Bethlehem you turn right towards Clarens and Golden Gate on theR712.Travel approximately 26 km to Clarens until you reach the Clarens Signboard on your right. Turn right into Main Street, Clarens.
DIRECTIONS: DURBAN – CLARENS. Please check road conditions.
* Take the N3 and bypass Pietermaritzburg, Mooiriver, Estcourt, Van Reenen and Harrismith. Take the N5 to Bethlehem and approximately 8 kilometers before Bethlehem take the R711 Clarens off-road on your left. Continue for approximately 26km and then take the Clarens off-road on your right into Main Street Clarens.
* Alternatively you can take the N3 and bypass Pietermaritzburg, Mooiriver and Estcourt. Known as the scenic route.The route takes you close to the Drakensberg and through the Oliviershoekpass and Golden Gate. You then take the R74 off road on your left to Winterton, Bergvillle, Oliviershoekpass and the Sterkfontein dam until you reach a T-junction. Take the R712 on your left; continue bypassing Puthaditjhaba and driving through Golden Gate Highlands National park until you reach the Clarens off road on your left. The Clarens off road is approximately 50km from Puthaditjhaba.
* Take the N3 and bypass Pietermaritzburg, Mooiriver, Estcourt, Van Reenen and Harrismith and drive through Golden gate. By pass Harrismith and continue on the N5 to Bethlehem for 3 – 4kms.Take the R712 on your left. Continue bypassing Puthaditjhaba and driving through Golden Gate Highlands National park until you reach the Clarens off road on your left. The Clarens off road is approximately 50km from Puthaditjhaba.
The car can be safely parked in the yard.
Real value for money.
I enjoyed the offer for a guided mountain walk in the morning.
Electric blankets on the bed were great.
The beds and pillows were very comfortable and clean. I liked the stock in the fridge.
The accommodation was convenient, clean and had all that we needed.
Most beautiful view from the balcony.
Most serene surroundings and beautiful views of the mountains from the balcony.
Well situated for exploring the nearby surrounding.
Great location in Clarens not far from shops and restaurants. Great stay, would go again.
Good distance to Golden Gate National park.
Friendly welcome and always caring that your stay is enjoyed.
It was easy to stay there. They went out of their way to accommodate our second vehicle.
Most memorable stay ever. Loved every moment off our stay. Thank you Dawn ur superstar hostess.